Do you ever get those nights, where you can't sleep because your brain won't turn off? some times I find I have too many thoughts when composing an image for this project and it can be hard to focus, but i guess it's all part of the process :)
52.the imagination of child hood 2 (or My poor dog). Digital
14.8cm x 17.3cm
Last one of my Nieces, I promise, whenever they visit they never give my dog a moment of peace, he is very good with them and never so much as barks, though he does sigh a lot, so this one is dedicated to my poor dog Charlie. also why is it as children we all try and ride on the backs of dogs?
I've always thought that my hands have looked older than the rest of me, ever since I was about 5 year old. Almost as if someone else was using them before i got them, I imagine the only way to tell how old my hands are would be to chop one off and count the rings, like you would a tree. but that would be daft... wouldn't it?
I hate it when you have an important meeting or you're going out and you can feel a spot coming, and you know it will erupt at the worst time! (in order to create this image I'll give you 3 guesses what I had for dinner).
43. Reading is as healthy as eating an apple. Acrylic on board 30cm x 21cm Another painting painted live in front of an audience, again at Douglas Library but this time in front of year 6 school Children from Fairfield Primary school, The painting itself was done in around one and half hours whilst simultaneously giving a lecture (with slides) on fine art and illustration. Thank you to all those who attended.
37. Igot this song stuck in my Head! Acrylic on board 30cm x 21cm today's image was literally painted in front of a live studio audience! I did a talk to a room of around 50 people today and produced this image whilst waffling on about surrealism and illustration, produced in about 2 hours (fast even for me).
36. Meat Head Acrylic on board 30cm x 21cm Recently I joined a Gym for the first time in my life, I've only been once but I have to admit to quite enjoying it, the term meat head amuses me, so here is an image based upon that term.
34. Caffeine is like my auto pilot Acrylic on board 15cm x 21cm Mondays are an early start for me, so early, that normally I've been teaching for about half an hour without really realising how I got to college in the first place. Happy Monday folks.
33.the embarrassing redness of anger. Acrylic on board 15cm x 21cm Loosely based on a story a friend told me recently about how she got so angry that she was red in the face for hours. I guess some emotions are hard to hide.
32. Some Days it's hard to get out of bed. Acrylic on board 15cm x 21cm we all get those days, where we wake up, it's cold, we hear the rain on the window and just think.. No today I'm not leaving the warmth of the bed.. but sadly we have to.